As the holidays approach, the search begins for the perfect gift to give all the littles on your list, and don’t forget about mama. Here are some of my favorite brands and products that are sure to put a smile on anyone’s face!
-Necklaces: While mom may be primarily sporting burp clothes and teething necklaces these days, having something beautiful to put on can make a huge difference. From inscriptions to names, dates to symbols, there is the perfect one for every occasion and event.
Two of my favorite brands include:
-Ju-ju-be: Once baby comes it can feel like you must pack up the whole nursery every time you leave. Gone are the days of cute designer bags and in roll large cumbersome diaper bags with obnoxious designs… But wait, it doesn’t have to be that way at all! Ju-ju-be is a designer bag company that make diaper bags that are absolutely beautiful. Designed with functionality in mind- crumb drain anyone- you will be amazed at how easy packing baby from a trip out becomes. Plus, when those days of diapers and spare outfits are passed, Ju-ju-be makes bags that will easily transition into your favorite bag for vacation, day trips, and even a night out!
Milky Mama: If you know any breastfeeding mamas, you know that two things always on their mind are yummy snacks and maintaining their milk supply. Solve both needs with the gift of Milky Mama’s lactation treats. Truly the most delicious lactation cookies and brownies I have tried, just ask my husband. Plus they have managed to pack lots of galactagogues in will avoiding ingredients such as Fenugreek that is known to cause tummy irritation in some people.
Owlet Baby Monitor: What every mother wants for the Holidays, a good night’s sleep! Hands down my favorite baby product, an absolute MUST HAVE! The Owlet Baby Monitor tracks your baby’s oxygen level and heart rate, and is then designed to alert you if they go out of range. This means you no longer have to wake up every 30 minutes to check on your sleeping baby, let Owlet keep watch so you can get much needed sleep. Link to Buy Owlet (Read More)
BinxyBaby: Grocery shopping becomes a whole new experience once a baby is added to the mix. BinxyBaby provides a safe hammock for your infant to stay cozy and safe while you pick up the items you need. (Read More and for DISCOUNT)
InstaTemp: What parent wouldn’t love to take their child’s temperature without touching them! That means not waking your sick little one whom you just spent hours rocking, and no more wrestling with your toddler to get the ear thermometer in place. It is also more hygienic because you don’t touch their skin when taking their temperature, so no more spreading germs between your family members.
Withings Baby Monitor (video monitor): Tired of baby monitors where your baby looks like an abominable snowman? Of course, that is assuming you can even see your baby at all in the impenetrable darkness of their room. The Withings Baby Monitor is incredible, with nighttime picture quality that rivals the daytime! It’s phenomenal! Plus you can set it to send noise and motion alerts directly to your cell phone. Then once your child outgrows the need for a baby monitor, it can be used as a home surveillance system.
Otherware teethers: All babies teethe, but that doesn’t mean you have to have your house covered in tacky or ineffective teething toys. Otherware, makes teethers that are beautiful enough to use as decoration, fun for your baby to play with, and incredibly effective at soothing those swollen painful gums. (Read More)
– TeePees: Beautiful and hand-crafted, TeePees provide young children with a place to let their imaginations grow and explore. For young babies you can hang a mobile inside and create a nice quite place for them to lounge, then as they grow it will become their book nook and favorite fort. Luke is getting one from TneesTpees this year.
– Wooden toys: The best toys are the ones that inspire imagination and last for generations to be passed down among siblings and become family heirlooms to cherish in the future. Wooden toys are amazingly versatile, they go from from beautiful nursery additions, into teethers for babies, and then blossom into toys that fuel your child’s playtime.
Our favorite brands:
– Kleynimals: One of my absolute favorite companies, Kleynimals is always a great choice! From highly-acclaimed and beautiful stainless steel keys, to flatware of heirloom quality, I love it all! Plus, a beautiful new rattle has been added to their collection. With a large ring, perfect for small hands to grasp and shake, it features all the same adorable woodland friends and makes a beautiful sound when shaken.
– Bookroo: More then just a book subscription, Bookroo is a beautiful curated subs scripting service that delivers imagination and exploration to your home each month. With two choices, board books or picture books, Bookroo has options for all the children in your life. I get so excited when our package arrives! Each month, books arrive in a box addressed to your child with a cute hand-written note on the inside; every book is then individually wrapped in beautiful paper. I love placing the open box in front of Luke and watching his face light up as he opens and explores (eats) each book 😉
– Slumberkins: Cute, snuggle little friends that help your child sleep! Designed by two mothers whom set out to create the perfect comfort item to help their children sleep. The collection contains three different creatures available in a variety of colors and variations: the slumber sloth, big foot and yeti; each with a unique story to help your child prepare for bedtime. So adorable, you will want to buy one for yourself! (Read more)
Thanks for stopping by!
Dr. Patricia Bast was born and raised in Southern California. She earned a bachelors degree in science at UC Irvine, then went on to graduate medical school from Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine in Northern California. After several years working as a pediatrician Dr. Bast choose to expand her training to include lactation consultant. Dr. Bast is now raising her children and taking care of patients in beautiful Georgia.